Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Make:Christmas Recap

This past Saturday, a rowdy bunch of Make:Tulsa folks hauled their wares to Ida Red for a Make:Christmas!

We each had a small table area to set up our booths and then 'worked' a ten hour shift to the many, many shoppers! I squeezed all of my goods (minus my bags) into my little space and worked my selling magic! I always find it so interesting what sells at each show. For example, at Deluxe last weekend, my necklaces were being bought like mad but at this show, earrings and switchplates were being scarfed up left and right! You can never tell what the public is going to be hungry for, I guess!

Each maker brought some homemade treats, too! It's a good thing I'm not too much of a sweets person otherwise, I would have gained 15 pounds just from grazing that table during the day!


There was a pretty good assortment of vendors there, in fact, I did lots of my holiday shopping from other vendors! I must keep my purchases hush hush though until after the holidays :)

To my right was Crochet by Sherri Lee and her beyond precious grandbaby who was SUCH a trooper throughout the entire show! I was SO impressed by her! Sherri is the patient soul who retaught me how to crochet - and she made it stick somehow!

And to my left was Gleeful Peacock run by Nikki, who is one of my favorite people! It was a blast hanging out with her all day :) Next to her was SomerKnits who was one of our vendors at the Holiday Open House! I picked up the absolute cutest knitting ornament from her!

Across the way was the ever-inspiring Weather & Noise and Hollyrocks who is guaranteed to put a smile on your face!

I failed in snapping shots of Sunshine and Carousels and The Greener Me but they finished rounding out our crafty family for the day!

All in all, it was a very enjoyable day shared with amazing women in an awesome Tulsa shop!!

I hope you have fantastic holidays, leisurely breaks and safe travels! Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Somer's ornaments are precious, aren't they? I can't believe how tiny they are! I'm glad you had fun at the show. I really enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete