Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Belated Birthday

I'm so behind on my posting but better late than never, right? So a few months ago I celebrated another stinkin' birthday. Yay ;) I was dying for a birthday camping trip but September was jammed packed full of obligations! It wasn't until a month later that the mister, myself and a few friends packed up and headed back out to Cove Lake, Arkansas! If you remember, we spent some much-needed time out there this spring as well. It was such a treat to go back on a non-holiday weekend and to share our much loved camping spot with friends!



The days were in the mid-eighties while the evenings hit the mid-fifties. PERFECT camping weather!



I spent MUCH time in the car and around the fire diligently working on my massive crocheted blanket. I anticipate it shall finally be done in another week or two!



It was just chilly enough during the early morning hours that I got to use my sleeves-turned-fingerless-gloves to work in!
The beast had a blast too, of course, and had a friend to share the good times with as well! A well-dressed friend to be exact!


The mister was handsome as ever.
And I was not the only lady with yarn and sticks in my hand!
A great weekend spent with great friends with great weather. What better way to spend a belated birthday? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you know you can buy those blankets at thrift stores for $3.00, right?? ;)

    Totally kidding! Can't wait to see the final result! I've been wanting to camp all year, but I don't think it's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! you know, I have never ever been camping! And Im glad I'm not doing it tonight! ;) see you at Deluxe!

    ReplyDelete