Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Scores

So you may be wondering, what did you buy on your 100 mile road trip??? Well, here you go! Spent just under $40 all weekend when I thought I'd be spending LOTS more...

A few broaches and an Indian head slider that I will be keeping for myself :)


Some fun fabric that will soon be bags for Indie Emporium!


Some PJs for moi :)

My first sewing book! So far, I've just been self taught so this will be a great way to learn how to fix those things that frustrate me so!


A beeeeeautiful (and heavy) curtain that will also become some slammin' bags!

Another jar to match my granny's set. You'll see a distorted pic of the mister and myself behind it :)

My most exciting score - a dress form! It needs a few kinks fixed, no biggie. It was cheap and awesome! I'm SO excited about using something other than myself to make clothes on!


Box 'o patterns for a buck! I get so frustrated when folks mark these up SOOOO high so it makes my day to find a score like this!

A book by my fave author EVAH! What's funny about this is that I finished reading this book THE DAY BEFORE I FOUND THIS ONE and was late to work rushing it back to the library! Bought this copy for the mister to read and to add to my CM collection :)

An old chip clip rack to hang earrings on :)

And perhaps my favorite find. There is something about this painting that I can't get over. The yellow sky? The creepy old man flying kites with the kids? The perceived wind? The desolation? I don't know but I FREAKING LOVE THIS.
So there you go! I wish I'd taken photos of my dad's stash - military issue Coleman lanterns, MANY light fixtures and electrical parts...the list goes on.
Did you find any gems this weekend???

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I'm drooling over the curtain panel and the dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the creepy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cool finds! i love the chip rack & dress form! and all of it for under $40?? wow!! thats a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know about the 100 mile garage sale, but it seems like it would be SO much fun! You ended up with some pretty sweet things. I love the chip clip display for earrings. You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete