Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Song That Reminds You Of Someone

Elvira - The Oakridge Boys

Honestly, I could probably go through every person I know and assign a song to each of them that reminds me of them. In an effort to not bore you with a never ending post, I've decided to go back, way back, to my Great Granny.

Born a week and many years apart, my GG and I are mighty similar. She was quite organized, an animal lover, very particular and a bit OCD, much like myself. She was the first person to let me 'teach' her with my nonstop 'classes'. I LOVED spending time with her. I could go on and on about my memories with her but I won't, again with your sanity in mind :)

When first entering her house, you'd find yourself in her formal living room. This room was used for the occasional Christmas party and the storage of all things pretty. My favorite pretty in this room was her console record player/radio which we now have in our sitting room, along with her record collection. I have very fond memories of her putting on records and dancing around in that seldom-used room. Her old, grey poodle Sugie would stand on her hind haunches, front paws in my hands and dance around with me.

There was one song in particular that I couldn't get enough of. I LOVED dancing to this song with her. And yes, I have this record still that we used to dance to and play it on that same player :) Here's to my Great Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment