Monday, August 16, 2010

A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event

Do You Realize by The Flaming Lips

I met the mister at the end of July 2006. It took me but a few weeks to realize I was completely smitten. I journeyed to OKC to go to the epic 'UFOs at the Zoo' concert by the Lips. It was really our first 'real date'. And I was nervous. And excited. The show was amazing and I remember allowing myself to realize I was with a fantastic man. That feelings like that were rare. That I needed to let my guard down and allow myself to be loved. I realized that I was in love. If that's not an important event, I don't know what is. I also remember that his car got towed that evening from parking in a non-parking spot and hitching rides with friends to get home. I remember spending most of the next day at impound trying to get his car back. I remember not caring how nasty it was there or that we were in a seedy part of town or that I was supposed to have returned home hours before. I only cared that we were together and that I was learning to love. I had realized.

This is that song from that exact concert :)

5 comments:

  1. Aw, how sweet! Many a good love story starts with a concert :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story!! I really enjoy hearing about how people fell for each other. Thanks for making me melt! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete