Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Mish Mash

So my awesome, awesome AWESOME friend over at Free Therapy hooked me up with this little blogger award, which, I believe is just some doohickey devised to kill time. I need to kill some time and yes, I just typed doohickey ;)

Rules for this time killer? Share seven little known doodads about yourself. A few of mine are even inspired by FT.

1. I've been wearing men's Old Spice deodorant for over ten years simply because I LOVE the way it smells.

2. During my teenage years, I was in three beauty pageants. I know, it's hard to believe. I'm glad I did them though because they changed me. They made me realize who I DID NOT want to be. They made me who I am today. As a result, I abhor children's pageants. Any sane person should.

3. I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies, Indiana Jones movies, Rocky movies (even though I LOVE Sly) nor any of the Lord of the Rings movies. I figure when I'm on my deathbed I'll just have a movie watching marathon to say I finally watched them. <--that probably won't ever happen ;)

4. I don't eat fish. We have three tanks at home and I've always grown up with them. I have a hard time getting over the idea that I'm eating my pets. They are just so cool to watch! On the flipside though, I do enjoy the peacefulness of fishing! But I can't touch the fish if I catch one. And I always throw them back.

5. I have an extraordinarily long tongue thus, I have a plethora of tongue tricks. The ultimate one? I can swallow my tongue. It's great when I think I have strep as I can feel if there are little infected areas in there! Gross, I know. That's another fact I guess. I get strep more than the average person. Perhaps it's because I can swallow my tongue...hmm...

6. I can pop almost every bone in my body. The most random? My tailbone. And if I don't pop it about once a week or so my hip HURTS. Like right now. It's been needing to be popped for about three days now. Any day now, fingers crossed.. The one that is most chill-inducing for others? My elbows and wrists. I don't even notice that I do it.

7. I feel like this last one should be something mighty spectacular! Alas, all I have is this one - I eat spaghetti in every single country I travel to. The best? It's a toss up between Mexico (mmm, spicy ghetti) and the Czech Republic (lots of cheesy goodness!).

So now I'm supposed to link some more folks onto this award-winning time killer. Since I'm lazy today though, I tag you if you want to be tagged :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited about Alliday. I had so much fun at Blue Dome...looked forward to this show. I feel I might be more prepared, since Blue Dome was my first one ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one interesting chick, you know that? And your sense of humor is something I can totally appreciate about you. By the way, my husband *LOVED* the lightswitch cover. I gave it a huge introduction before pulling it out of my purse, and he grinned ear to ear when he saw it. You're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are really some levels of weird I had no idea about!!! How do you even pop a tail bone?? And yeah, it's a total time killer.

    I don't see how you've managed to not see those movies. I mean, I'm not Star Wars fan but aren't they downloaded into our brains at birth?

    ReplyDelete