Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tea Anyone?

I bet you thought I forgot about you! Well, worry not, here I am! Life is pretty hectic but is great all around :) I've been working on LOTS of new pieces which I will share shortly. For now, I share a couple Halloween pics!

I really didn't have a good costume planned this year at all other than being a traditional white sheet ghost. About 4:30 on Friday afternoon, about 4 hours before our friend's annual Halloween party, I received a cute email with pictures of kids in fun costumes. One costume was a teabag made out of a pillowcase which I found hilarious! I figured I could make something like that out of that white sheet so I started cutting and hand sewing! I'm certainly not a clothes maker as you can tell by how large I made the neck hole but it was a lot of fun making my own costume! I filled the 'bag' with leaves from outside so the bottom was weighted with 'tea leaves' then I took the lid from our box of tea to make the hangy thing (that's a technical term). Finally, I made two earrings out of actual teabags for kicks :)

It was SUCH a fun costume! As the night wore on, the costume got more and more fun ;) Feast your eyes on this!

The mister was The Seventies. Yes, the entire decade :) And the beast was a cowboy! I'll have to put those pics up later.
So there you go, proof that I am alive and crazy as ever!

4 comments:

  1. Bahahahaha, you went as a tea bag, definitely unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I bet you were the only one with that costume! looks like you guys had a great time. I didnt even dress up this year....how did that happen?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the cutest teabag ever! I just want you to know that I'm fighting really hard to keep from cracking dirty jokes about this one. Really, really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teabag earrings. Ha! So cute.

    ReplyDelete