Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dustbowl Didn't Blow

This past weekend we trekked across the state and set up at the Dustbowl Arts Market in Norman, Oklahoma, home of the University of Oklahoma. I knew that the show had potential but one can never be too certain how things are going to turn out. Well, everything fell into place PERFECTLY for this show. The weather was beyond ideal, we had a kickin' location and the crowds never lagged! All of this led to some really really really wonderful sales!

I worked up until the night before the show getting goodies ready. Made forty new switchplates

Made lots of new pairs of fun earrings

Unveiled the vintage sewing pattern switchplates (HUGE HIT!)

Rigged up new earring displays out of old frames I had

These altered frames were hung from our tent with scarves and swayed beautifully in the light breeze we had all day! Our neighbors had a cool booth they built but it didn't make for the pretties backdrop for my earring display photos ;) C'est la vie!

We had a prime location on a corner near a parking lot and right across the road from the live music! It couldn't have been any better!

There were street performers, live music, great restaurants everywhere and absolutely wonderful people involved!

This was also the beast's first time to stay for an entire show! We built him a fort under the table to keep him out of the sun. He was mighty popular that day :)

Periodically, he would peek his head out the front of the table which would scare some people at first :) Always made us giggle :)

I thank all of those who ventured out and to those who organized the event! It was SUCH a great time!
I went back to teaching yesterday so my time is filled again with lesson planning and scrambling back and forth to various schools! It feels good to be back in the classroom again :)
OH! If you plan to be in the Tulsa area this Saturday, you should head to the Jenks Riverwalk for the South Tulsa Music Festival! I won't be set up BUT several AWESOME artists from our area will be there! The mister and I plan to scoot out there at some point. Maybe I'll see you there!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sewing pattern switch plates! Hope you save some of those for x-mas!!!!
    aw Mondo! What a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that does it, I definitely want to go to this show next year. It sounds like you totally banked, and I'm very happy to hear that! I can see why the vintage sewing pattern switchplates did so well, they're adorable! I guess I'll be seeing you this weekend. You know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your art!!!! Glad to talk to you the other day Briana...miss and love you much! Steph

    ReplyDelete