Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How To Make Your Dad Smile

My dad celebrated his *cough cough* birthday on Sunday! The mister, myself, my mom, my mimi and uncle all gathered together for dinner at a local buffet style restaurant (my fave! no waiting for your food! :) I had planned to buy my dad DVDs of his beloved Mazeppa TV show from back in the day but was unable to track any down. Hmm. Plan B. So the mister and I headed down to Ida Red on Brookside where I bought some old school candy and Dad's cream soda. So what's so fun about candy and soda? Ahh, the possibilities of presentation, my friends!

I tore up an old sheet we had, placed all the goods inside.
Found a travel-worthy stick, tied a couple trusty knots and joined the two together to create this! All that was missing was a slingshot! But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I had already gifted him one of those over the years! He's a hardcore kid at heart.

After dinner, the clan headed to the parking lot where I bestowed his gift to him.

I think he got a kick out of it :)
Here he is fake-drinking his sugar-filled soda, complete with his 'giddabop giddabop' drinking noises.

So here's to my dad and his eternal youthful spirit! Happy Birthday Daddy! May you never grow up!...and I doubt you ever will :)

(this gem of a photo was taken about 4 or 5 years ago outside of McNellies in downtown Tulsa. He saw this mechanic's pulley, proceeded to hook it in his belt and lift himself up off the ground! Puts a smile right on your face :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Briana's Dad!!! Your present turned out really neat, and the picture of him holding it is just so cute. Goofy dads are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post!!! Happy belated birthday to your dad! I'm sure he had a wonderful one.

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete