Monday, July 27, 2009

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

Man, what a wonderful weekend I had! We had our first weekend home in over a month so what did we decide to do??? Have a party! Yeah! We had some really awesome friends of ours in town from Chicago for the night so we thought it would be fun to spiff the place up, make some munchies, have some toddies and invite the world over! Too much fun, really ;)

One of the great things about having a party is cleaning! And I am not being sarcastic. The mister and I are big into having a clean and organized home and the casa DEF needed a good cleaning since we've been living out of bags forever! One of the biggest tasks, the jewelry area. It's not very often that this beast gets cleaned and organized! Thought I'd take pictures for proof that it can be done!

A couple of things in this picture I'd love to talk about for a moment. The hemp name I made in college for a project and have always loved it! I can't believe it's still around because that was near 10 years ago! Crazy!! Then you've got the two dollar bill which a lady paid us with once at a show. It's the only two dollar bill we've ever received for payment so we display it! :) Finally, see that bright yellow doodad hanging there? That's loomwork I did when I was in elementary school! I found it the other day and was SO excited to come across it! My looms are somewhere in storage at my folks and I am determined to find them!!!

And now to the party....
Purty April! (and my butt ;)
Yeah Chicago import!!!! I love her!!! This little lady lived with April and I in college for a year in the dorms! She was there when it all began :) She's one of my favorites and I love getting to hang with her! (this was a really strangely posed picture by a friend of ours....I think those were uncomfortable laughs :)

Yup, this pretty much sums up how I felt on Sunday after the party! Woot Woot!

More old college friends! They make my heart happy :)

The pups even got into the action! It was a party for everyone! Look at how rowdy they got ;)

And then Sunday I made breakfast for everyone at like 1 pm ;) Nothing like sleeping in and having a late breakfast in part of what you wore the night before! Ha! Twas a good night!

So thank you so much, avid readers, who were a part of the impromptu festivities! Without you, it wouldn't have been as fun as it was! My hats off to YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment