Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blue Dome & More!

Goodness I am LOVING all of this rain! KIDDING!!! What, is it day 20 now of our OK rain streak!?! Well, rain or shine, tomorrow begins Blue Dome!!!

Dates & Times for the Festival:
Friday, May 15th, 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday, May 16th, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday, May 17th, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm

Our booth is W17 which is said to be located at the west end of 1st street. I hope you come by and say hi!

So since my neck/should has been all screwed up this week, I haven't been able to work on large pieces BUT I have been able to work on some small projects! Those of you who have been beading for a while know that you tend to accumulate LOTS of beads, some of which you may never see yourself using. Having been beading for ten plus years, I have loads of beads that I just never knew what I would ever use them for...until lately! I've been making beaded bookmarks! Some are on hemp, others on brushed leather and some on beading twine. Simply enough, each strand has a series of beads on either end and is meant to be placed in the pages of your book! I am all of the time losing bookmarks in my car or under the bed so I personally don't invest in bookmarks that seem to be worth lots. I also enjoy playing with bookmarks while I read and these are perfect for swinging around while daydreaming in a book! Some are longer for textbooks and some are shorter for smutty romance novels ;) Thought I'd give the new idea a try!



The other small project my shoulder will allow me to do is work on earrings. Here's a few that I've put together the past couple of days.

And finally, some of my craft room roommates. I always showcases my cats or the beast but never show off our fishies! We actually have four tanks throughout the house, this one being the second to smallest. Some of my favorite fish to have are silverdollars so that's what's in my craft room! I love to watch them since they are so active and I love how the light reflects off of them! We named them at one point but I only remember Labios the Pleco and Finbad. We rock. :)


Hope to see some of you this weekend!!!


2 comments:

  1. Im thinking of loading up the stroller and heading out tomorrow in the afternoon when hopefully it wont be too crowded. Good luck at Bluedome~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go to Blue Dome!! but good luck!! I'm sure you'll SELL SELL SELL!
    The book marks look great!

    ReplyDelete